Artificial Intelligence or AI is being utilized in our daily life and has made a huge influence in the field of technology. Artificial Intelligence is intelligence demonstrated by machines or computer systems in a way that humans do, in terms of thinking, reasoning, learning and self-correction. AI systems are designed to intelligently trade stocks or operate an autonomous vehicle, in today’s times. The most prominent types of Artificial Intelligence that have been influencing the rise in technology are Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL). There are numerous sectors where Artificial Intelligence is applied.
Let’s take a look at the top ten applications of AI.
- Retail Industry: E-commerce sites are adopting Deep Learning (DL) to help shoppers to easily find what they want to purchase. Online shopping today is a popular and easy mode of shopping for anyone who is able to access to the internet and can operate a smart phone, tablet or a computer. Online shopping websites use Artificial Intelligence (AI) to provide recommendations for the next purchase, depending on previous purchases made by the customer, through algoriothms and search patterns. With the help of AI, online shopping can be made more personal and exclusive. Amazon is planning to use this technology in its new Amazon Go grocery stores.
- Entertainment Industry: AI technology is applied to optimize video fluency and definition. Online media streaming or video-on-demand services have a built-in AI feature, where recommendations are given to the customer depending on the type of media that has been streamed before or the type of movies watched earlier.
- Automotive Industry: In recent times, Artificial Intelligence is severely being used for automotive industries across the world. The Automotive industry has developed numerous advanced features through the use of AI. Features such as self-parking, blind spot monitoring and voice recognition are aided by the use of AI. Apps like Uber, Ola and commercial flights that use autopilot are the best example of sectors where AI is being effectively implemented.
- Healthcare Industry: Artificial Intelligence (AI) helps to analyze data and reports from a patient’s file to help select the customized treatment. IBM Watson was developed as a question-answering computer, which has advance AI capabilities such as natural language processing, automated reasoning and others. IBM Watson’s first commercial application is its use in utilization management decisions for lung cancer treatment at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre.
- Manufacturing Industry: Big companies like GE and Siemens are majorly focused on applying Artificial Intelligence to create a comprehensive manufacturing process. The manufacturing industry may be considered as the first use case for the application of AI, using robots for assembly, packing and the likes.
- Online Customer Service: AI in the customer service space is currently being used to handle some of the monotonous work and is making it easier for human agents to deal with the more difficult issues. These systems are able to handle more requests without human involvement as they have ability to learn by themselves. Several websites today offer the possibility to chat with customer service representatives. Most of the times these are not human, but chat bots that are trained to respond and extract information based on the customer’s query.
- Home Appliances: All smart home appliances which incorporate Internet of Things (IoT) technology make use of AI. The smart home appliances learn the usage pattern of the user over a period of time and then operate themselves through simple commands. One of the examples of AI integrated home appliances is Amazon’s Alexa – the virtual assistant developed by Amazon.
- Smart Phones: Virtual personal assistants such as Siri, Google Now, Google Assistant and Cortana are few examples of AI implementation in smart phones. These virtual personal assistants help you dial a number, locate your favorite restaurant, etc.
- Banking and Finance: ICICI Bank has been experimenting with AI, through which their email bot sorts out customer and distributor emails, based on the status of transaction. Robots utilizing AI are quicker at data crunching to provide forecast using market data. Applications would include indicating change in stock trends, managing finances and recommendation of which stocks to buy or sell depending on the customer pattern of purchases or sale.
- Journalism: News channels and news reporting companies use AI to prepare simple reports on sports and elections which otherwise would be a time consuming exercise. Media houses like the BBC, The New York Times and The Washington Post have been integrating AI into their newsrooms.
In the twenty-first century, AI techniques have experienced a revival following current advances in computer power and AI techniques have become an essential part of the technology industry to help solve numerous challenges and problems in computer science. Artificial Intelligence is also predicted to grow its influence in the coming years in technology. Because of the ever growing rise in the advancement of technology, tech companies all over the world are now hiring people who specialize in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, among many other such subjects. There is a dire requirement to fill in the gap with people who are knowledgeable and experienced in these topics. People are now opting for courses and programs that train them on Artificial Intelligence skills.
One such Business school that provides excellent courses on Artificial Intelligence is WeSchool, Bangalore. WeSchool (Welingkar Institute of Management) is one of the best B-schools in Bangalore, India that carter to a 3-day course in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning for corporates, top level management, mid to senior level management, business owners, leaders, working professionals and entrepreneurs. WeSchool, Bangalore is a renowned business school that provides the best PGDM and leadership courses in India. To know more about the course details and our campus at Electronic City, Bangalore, please log on to the WeSchool website https://www.weschoolbangalore.in/